Wednesday 4 June 2008

Forecast: rain

It's supposed to rain until Friday. However, I am not going to take it as a bad omen. The drizzle started when I hit Red Deer and then it cleared up for a few hours once I was south of it again so I'm just going to take it as remnants of having to drive through there.


First day in the office was fun. Got given all my JACK gear and met everyone.

While looking to upload that photo from the internet, it came from wikipedia and I was enlightened to read the following:

"Jack FM is the moniker and on-air brand of several radio stations in Canada, the United States and now the United Kingdom. Jack stations play a mix of 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s hits with some current hot adult contemporary singles. Jack stations use the slogan "playing what we want", and promote themselves as having a larger and more varied playlist than other commercial radio stations. It is not unusual for a Jack-FM station to have a playlist of over 1000 songs compared to a normal FM station which sometimes have play lists of fewer than 500 songs. The stations are officially classified as the Variety Hits or Adult Hits format by radio research companies."

Didn't know it was in the UK! And yeah, we are for a slightly older demographic. Our major free product this summer is Tetley Iced Tea. My boss pointed out its a good drink to hand out to professionals rather than pop for kids. If you want free iced tea come to Calgary and see me!!

Went out with the roommate to a place called The Cat n' Fiddle pub. As soon as I walked in I saw this guy wearing a Liverpool shirt and really felt the urge to mutter "scouse" like I had to two people I saw on Sunday at the mall also wearing Liverpool shirts, but I knew it would be lost on him.

I had meant to find a gym today. I looked up different places but at 3 I got super tired and passed out. I should have known better though because I slept until 8 and now I will be up all night :( Tomorrow I'll check out the downtown Y.

No comments: