Saturday 3 January 2009

Chill Factor

I was brought to something that probably has been one of the strangest places I have ever been to. It's not really all that strange a place in general, but for me, born and bred in the Canadian north, it was... I hate to overuse this word, but: surreal. It's this place called Chill Factor in Manchester and it is an indoor ski hill. I have never seen anything like it. It's like... a miniature, mickey mouse attempt by a country who don't know the real thing, to feel like they're in the mountains. Even the wall papering in the toilets is of snowy foliage. It's just quite strange to encounter an imitation of something that is so natural where I'm from. And for £17/hour to boot.

I fly to Norway tomorrow. I'm not all that excited. It's going to be a big shlepp and I should seriously be doing my uni work. It will be a nice photo op in any event and it will be lovely to see my roommate and cousins.

At the moment I wish I were in California. I have a love affair with California. And there are soooo many jobs in NBC, ABC etc. that I really wish I could apply for instead of being stuck on this side of the pond!!

I am currently sitting with my mini-PC, but Mac is definitely running away with the poll numbers right now. What do you use/wish you could use?

No comments: