Sunday 7 February 2010

New Moon

Here is the FB post-seeing-it conversation:

Eva Cohen FINALLY saw New Moon =) !!!

Thurs at 21:56 · ·
Eva Bach
Eva Bach
I am so proud of you! Thoughts?
Thurs at 22:07 ·
Eva Cohen
Eva Cohen
It stayed a lot more true to the novel than I was lead to believe it would. It had about as many lines right out of the text at Twilight did. Also, I read that they told Taylor Lautner he would not be hired back for New Moon if he didn't buff up, but something should have been done about Pattinson. At least a waxing of the chest... the novel repeatedly describes his body as though it is chiseled stone, like a Greek god -but his shirtless scene was unfortunately laughable :(
Thurs at 22:11 ·
Kimberley Hopkins Risling
Kimberley Hopkins Risling
pure cheese. those lines, read in your mind, don't sound as bad. Out loud - cringe worthy. I am ashamed.
Thurs at 22:18 ·
Eva Cohen
Eva Cohen
Since I don't mind staring at Robert Pattinson as he struggles over words to come out in a North American accent, I didn't really suffer, but those "you are my life" kind of lines are a hard thing to bring off the page and make vocal without sounding a bit lame, agreed.

I can't figure out how to fix the html so as to make the rest of this post have normal paragraph spacing, but in any event: I was looking forward to the film for months and then no one in Winnipeg would see it with me *shakes fist*. Looking forward to Eclipse now. I'm definitely one of those "stupid" Twilight fans, but I'm ok with that. Listening to the soundtrack on repeat now. Although I had downloaded it before the movie was released, I didn't warm up to it until after seeing the film.

No comments: